INVITATION TO APPLY FOR ELIGIBILITY AND TO SUBMIT COMPARATIVE PROPOSALS (IAESP)
The Floridablanca Water District (FWD), created pursuant to Presidential Decree No. 198, as amended, otherwise known as the Provincial Water Utilities Act of 1973, received an unsolicited proposal from the Original Proponent for the FINANCING, DEVELOPMENT, REHABILITATION, IMPROVEMENT, EXPANSION, OPERATION AND MAINTENANCE OF THE WATER SUPPLY SYSTEM AND CONSTRUCTION AND MANAGEMENT OF SEPTAGE FACILITIES OF FLORIDABLANCA WATER DISTRICT.
Pursuant to the 2013 Guidelines issued by the National Economic Development Authority under Section 8 of Executive Order No. 423 dated 30 April 2005, negotiations ensued between FWD and Original Proponent on the JV Proposal. Subsequently, an agreement was reached between FWD and Original Proponent to form an unincorporated joint venture to undertake the JV Project.
In compliance with the FWD Board Resolution No. 09, Series of 2016, the FWD, through its Joint Venture Selection Committee (JVSC), invites Interested Private Proponent/s (IPPs) to challenge the JV Proposal by submitting comparative proposals for the following:
Name of Project: FINANCING, DEVELOPMENT, REHABILITATION, IMPROVEMENT, EXPANSION, OPERATION AND MAINTENANCE OF THE WATER SUPPLY SYSTEM AND CONSTRUCTION AND MANAGEMENT OF THE SEPTAGE FACILITIES OF FLORIDABLANCA WATER DISTRICT
Location of Project: Floridablanca, Pampanga, Philippines
Project Description: The project involves a joint venture undertaking between the FWD and the Winning Private Proponent for the Financing, Development, Rehabilitation, Improvement, Expansion, Operation and Maintenance of the Water Supply System and Construction and Management of Septage Facilities of FWD.
Applications for eligibility shall be evaluated based on a non-discretionary “pass/fail” criterion. An IPP shall be considered eligible upon compliance with the following minimum qualification requirements:
1.1. The IPP must be either of the following:
a. A duly licensed sole proprietorship owned by a Filipino citizen; or
b. A partnership or corporation created pursuant to the Corporation Code of the Philippines and registered with the SEC.
c. A Consortium of two or more entities with at least sixty percent (60%) of both voting and non-voting interest in the said Consortium being owned and held, by citizens of the Philippines and/or by Philippine registered corporations at least sixty percent (60%) of both the total number of outstanding shares of stock, whether or not entitled to vote in the election of directors are owned by Philippine nationals.
1.2. The nationality of the IPP shall be determined via the Grandfather Rule.
1.3. If the IPP is a Consortium, each member of the Consortium must be disclosed during the pre-qualification stage and the Lead Member thereof must be specifically identified. For this purpose, the Lead member must have at least fifty one percent (51%) equity interest in the Consortium, and the total percentage interest of all Consortium Members must be one hundred percent (100%).
1.4. The IPP or each Consortium member must also certify that it has no Unsatisfactory Performance Record.
2. Technical Eligibility
2.1. The IPP must have completed a similar or related project costing at least 50% of the cost of the JV Activity/Project. For the avoidance of doubt, cost of the JV Activity/Project pertains to the amount of contribution of FWD and the Original Proponent representing the present value of capital expenditures using a 12% discount factor. For this project, the cost of the JV Activity/Project is equal to One Billion Nine Hundred Two Million Six Hundred Eighty Seven Thousand Thirty Nine Pesos (PhP1,902,687,039.00).
3. Financial Eligibility
3.1. The IPP should have the capability to finance the completion of the entire project evidenced by financial documents to be submitted and will form as an integral part of the Financial Proposal.
3.2 A letter from a domestic universal/commercial bank, or an international bank with a subsidiary/branch in the Philippines, or any international bank recognized by the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP), attesting that the prospective JV Partner is one of its current clients, and is in good financial standing.
4. Additional eligibility criteria are specified in the instructions to IPPs.
Only those lPPs that are deemed eligible shall be entitled to submit Comparative Proposals, which must be in accordance with instructions contained in the Request for Proposal Documents (RFP Documents).
The JVSC shall evaluate the proposals using the Quality Based Evaluation/Selection (QBE/QBS) procedure. The criteria and rating system for the evaluation of the proposals shall be provided in the Instructions to Interested Private Proponent/s (IIPPs).
The following procedures, schedules and instructions shall be strictly observed:
ACTIVITY SCHEDULE (using Philippine Standard Time) ADDITIONAL INSTRUCTIONS
1. Purchase of Eligibility Documents for a non-refundable fee of Five Hundred Thousand Pesos (Php 500,000.00). May 7-16, 2016 (from 8:00am to 4:00pm) The Eligibility Documents may be purchased ONLY from the FWD-JVSC at the FWD Office, Rizal St., Poblacion, Floridablanca, Pampanga 2006
2.Submission of Eligibility Documents 10:00am,
June 16, 2016 Deadline of Submission of Eligibility Documents to the FWD-JVSC FWD Office, Rizal St., Poblacion, Floridablanca, Pampanga 2006
3. Opening of Eligibility Documents June 16, 2016 at 1:30pm onwards JVSC will determine the completeness of the eligibility documents based on a pass or fail criteria. For those IPPs with incomplete, irregular or patently insufficient submission shall be considered failed. For those IPPs whose eligibility documents appear to be complete shall be further evaluated to determine its eligibility.
4. Determination of Eligibility On or before July 1, 2016 JVSC will evaluate the eligibility documents of the IPPs to determine if they are eligible or ineligible, and the IPPs will be notified of the result of the evaluation.
5. Purchase of Tender Documents by IPPs declared “eligible” for non-refundable fee of One Million Two Hundred Thousand Pesos (PhP1,200,000.00), payable either in cash or manager's check July 4-8, 2016 Tender Documents may be purchased ONLY from the FWD-JVSC Secretariat at the FWD Office, Rizal St., Poblacion, Floridablanca, Pampanga 2006
6. Pre-selection conference will thereafter be held. October 7, 2016 ( 1:00 pm) All Eligible IPPs are encouraged to attend the conference to be held at the FWD Office, Rizal St., Poblacion, Floridablanca, Pampanga 2006
7. Submission and Opening of Comparative Proposal November 7, 2016 (Deadline of submission: On or before 12:00 noon only. Opening of Comparative Proposal: 1:30pm onwards.) Comparative Proposals shall be addressed to:
Ma. Adela Christina S. Alquero
Chairperson - JVSC
Floridablanca Water District
FWD Office, Rizal St., Poblacion, Floridablanca, Pampanga 2006
FWD reserves the right to reject any or all submissions, waive any minor deviations, and award the contract for the JV Project to the IPP whose financial proposal is the best among the qualified interested private proponent/s whose technical proposals are compliant.
All proposals must be accompanied by a Proposal Security in the form of cash, Manager’s Check (MC) or Surety Bond callable on demand amounting to 2% of the estimated participation of the Original Proponent for the entire cooperation period.
FWD assumes no responsibility whatsoever to compensate or indemnify any IPP for expenses incurred in the preparation of the comparative proposals.
(SGD) MA. ADELA CHRISTINA S. ALQUERO
JVSC - CHAIRMAN